The Health NGO Network (HENNET) was founded in 2005 to fill a long standing gap within the health sector
in terms of coordination, and networking among health related Civil Society Organizations(CSOs).
HENNET was founded as a result of a felt need to set up a forum for CSOs dealing with health issues for
purposes of collaboration, sharing of experiences and advocacy. HENNET brings together different health
oriented CSOs, with diverse interests, but all having a common vision of a “Healthy Kenyan Society”.
Currently HENNET with funding from Population Action International (“PAI”) is implementing a project meant
to strengthen coordination and capacity building of Health CSOs to be able to hold promote mutual
accountability both government and partners and intensify advocacy for increased and sustained domestic
financing of RMNCHAH services while adhering to GFF mechanism principles. The project will be
implemented at the national level and in Nyamira, Bungoma and Machakos counties.
2.0. Expected Roles of the Consultant
- Identify the capacity related gaps on social accountability (Map, identify and assess the capacities and needs of the Health CSOs for this project both at the National and County levels (Nyamira, Bungoma and Machakos).
- Develop training programme and content based on the gaps identified above
- Train the Health CSOs on Social Accountability and advocacy for advocacy for RMNCH+N and GFF mechanism in Kenya.
- Develop a case study on progress of RMNCH+N and GFF mechanism both at the national and at the
- selected county levels in Kenya.
3.0. Expected deliverables
- Mapping and training gap assessment report
- Develop training content/program
- Develop the training notes, train the participants and submit a report on the training
- Develop a report with the detailed progress of the indicators
- A case study on the progress of RMNCH+N and GFF mechanism both at the national and at the selected county levels in Kenya.
- A report of mapping, identification and assessment of capacities and needs of the Health CSOs for
- this project both at the National and County levels (Nyamira, Bungoma and Machakos).
4.0. The ideal Consultant:
- Qualifications /experience and expectations
- Holder of at least a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, or Health related fields.
- Excellent training, facilitation, assessments, report writing, research and vast knowledge in
- Social accountability and RMNCH+N required
- Engaged and experience in similar activities for at least 5 years.
- The consultant is expected to implement the action plan for these activities as agreed upon by HENNET and him/her.
- Deliver high quality results in a timely manner
- Overall adherence to the Terms of Reference is expected.
- Must be working with a consultancy firm.
- Must be conversant with online/digital training/ working
The plan must be completed as per the schedule/ deadline agreed upon between the consultant and HENNET
6.0. Application process
Required items – submit the following:
- A capacity statement indicating relevant qualification, skills, experience in similar consultancies as well as full contact details of three referees
- Attach relevant work done with at least three organizations /institutions one of which must be a health CSOs.
- Copy of registration certificate, Tax Compliance Certificate and KRA PIN number for the firm.
- Attach a detailed proposal and work plan on how you plan to undertake the work. The consultant must include a broken down cost analysis indicating the professional fee and any other costs that you will need for this work.
Kindly submit your requirements by: 1st March, 2021 by 5:00 Pm.
Any firm/ individual please do not apply again since we already have your details.
Send your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com
Please note only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.